Strategies for the New Year (continued).
By Chuck Stilwell, Director of Stilwell’s Learning Center
This week I am continuing categories of my New Year’s Resolutions as examples that work for me.
Strategy #5: Place my goals or resolutions into categories.
- Personal Mental Development
- Read one book every week which challenges my intellect.
- One lesson each day with AdVocab (a higher vocabulary learning program)
- Keep a daily journal of the things for which I am most thankful.
- Read Success Magazine, BNI podcasts and literature and other business helps.
- Spiritual Growth
- Follow a plan to read through the Bible in one year.
- Study a different book each month on spiritual subjects.
- Teach from what I am learning in church or seminars.
- Physical Enhancement
- Sleep at least 8 hours per night and take a 15 minute power nap after lunch.
- Meet with a physical trainer every other month for evaluation and new tasks.
- Daily walks of at least one mile.
- Far-infrared Sauna 5 days per week.
- Inversion Table 3 times per day.
- Weekly and daily Cardio and strength-based exercises.
- Marriage and Family Desires
- Family Dinner one Friday evening each month.
- A weekly date night with my wife.
- Find ways each month to bless our children and grandchildren.
- Graduation of granddaughter from university and visiting cousins.
- Business Plans and Goals
- 21-24 students at the learning center each week.
- 20 Distance Learners each month.
- Stick to the prepared budget for 6 months before reviewing.
- Have one part-time tutor and one part-time office manager.
- Contract to Webmaster and face book manager
- Develop a weekly plan to receive referrals from current clients, former clients, schools, churches, clubs, BNI and businesses.
- Business interview on a Friday Community radio broadcast.
- Consider 15 second ads on radio stations when budget allows.
- Speak to a club or other venue at least once each month
- Develop website blogs to boost internet presence.
- Recreational/Vacation Plans
- Cruise to Alaska in August
- Trip to Copper Canyon, Mexico
- Trip to Montana to visit son
- Civic Responsibilities
- Research different community volunteering possibilities, such as city council meetings, Helping homeless children, Salvation Army events, BNI benefits, etc.
- Tithe to Church and give offerings to orphanages in Mexico and U.S.
These will become the nuts and bolts of my schedule and my everyday business and personal life framework for the New Year. Month to month, I might make changes, deletions or additions, but it will still be the basis for a tracking record for the year.